As the new year opened up, I found myself hungry…for understanding, for solid ground, for guidance. Looking on the opportunities that lay before me in 2014, I had a need to connect to my values, to what’s important to me. I jotted down many thoughts and ideas as they came to me during my quiet introspective time. I created a set of principles that feel like the right guideposts for me as I stretch into the wonderful possibilities that my relationships, my work, and my life offer to me.
- I start each day with gratitude for my blessings.
- I set clear intentions that provide direction for my life.
- I consciously choose how I view and experience the world around me.
- I stretch and grow, discovering new things about myself, others, and this amazing world.
- I accept and celebrate ‘what is’ without judgment or attachment.
- I open to opportunity and possibility.
- I access joy in every moment.
- I attend to my breath when I need peace and contentment.
- I allow my life to flow from a place of love.
- I go slow, with attention and focus – I don’t live too fast.
- I am graceful, courageous, hopeful.
- I value relationships and treat every interaction as as a gift.
- I meet resistance with curiosity and free myself from struggle by letting go.
- I act with integrity and seek alignment with my values.
- I am a stand for health – I believe in enough sleep, a nutritious diet, exercise, rest and relaxation, meaningful work, and quiet introspective time every day.
- I believe in balance and wholeness.
- I can just BE, and everything will be OK.
- I am brilliant, amazing, and worthy of living an abundantly delicious life.
- I let my light radiate into the world.
- I seek balance and wholeness.
These are really beautiful thoughts 🙂 Thanks for sharing.
Thank you, Heather!
Excellent list! I’m encompassing yours into my own! Thank you for this! ♥
I assume that’s because they are backed by love and weave nicely into your tapestry! 🙂
How right you are! I just love connecting with you! ♥
Pingback: The Path to Creativity | Leading With Intention
Pingback: Confidence Building – Gratitude | This Abundantly Delicious Life
Pingback: Focus | This Abundantly Delicious Life
Pingback: My 2015 Guiding Principles | This Abundantly Delicious Life
Pingback: Feeling it | Leading With Intention