Yesterday, I posted about how delicious it was to get to my yoga classes twice this past week – a treat, like my favorite wedding day cupcake. 🙂
Given my travel (and a week of being sick), I have missed most of my yoga classes this month. Having gone consistently since after my surgery over 2 years ago, there was an empty spot inside without it. I read inspirational books, did some gentle stretching in my hotel rooms or at home – and it just wasn’t like being in the ‘sanctuary’ that our UIHC gentle yoga is.
I’ve been thinking about what yoga creates in my life, and this is what I’ve come up with:
- I gain an understanding of myself and clarity about what I believe.
- I am able to be who I am, not who I think someone else wants me to be.
- I am encouraged to show up and be more present.
- I accept and celebrate what is.
- I have the strength to get through the tough moments and flow through challenges.
- I refine my ability to have a good day and celebrate when things feel good.
- I live deeply into my values and serving others.
- I open to finding balance in my life.
Yes, there’s a good reason I like it when I can make it to class!
As I anticipate more travel in March, I am leaning into the possibility of creating these things even without my class. Here’s to creating an inner sense of peace, gratitude, and joy in life with whatever shows up in life…
Other posts about yoga: